In this article you can read about the most important PHP IDEs on the market. Try them and choose to most comfortable one.
Bookmark PHP IDE
Step 1 - PHP IDE Introduction
What is an IDE and why do you need it? Maybe that is your first question. The short answer is: IDE simply means an Integrated Development Environment.
You can edit your files with the default OS editors like notepad or vi. Besides this there are some more advanced text and source code editors with a lot of extra features. It is possible to create a huge PHP project with a simple vi editor. So you can live without a good PHP IDE. However the benefit of a good IDE is that you can be more productive and obtain faster results.
A specialized IDE for PHP can help you in lot of cases during the development. The main ide features are:
- Project handling : To organize your files
- Advanced code editor: Syntax highlighting, code completion, code folding, code templates
- Debugging: Set breakpoints and test your code step by step
- Profiling: Measure your code performance and help to improve it
- Integrated web browser: Test your code inside the IDE
- Source control: Maintain code among other developers
- Database control: Database front end
Today the most known IDEs are the following:
- Zend - Zend Studio
- Nusphere - PHPEd
- Eclipse - PHP IDE
- WaterProof - PhpEdit
- MPSoftware - PHP Designer
- Maguma - Maguma Studio
- ActiveState - Komodo
- Ankord - PHP Expert Editor
Next Step of PHP IDE
Tags: php ide, nusphere phped, zend studio, php eclipse, ide, php